I have been extremely slack the last few weeks. Mostly because I've been having to give injections twice a day to my Artie and also due to the fac that I'm avoiding a certain someone who lives @ the barn.
Today was deworming day. I was dreading this. The last time I dewormed Artie, it took me 20 minutes and I was so disappointed/frustrated by the end of it that I was boiling. Margie, Kara's mom, came out to help me. We dewormed Kara first -- she did WONDERFULLY; didn't seem to notice. Next, we tackled Artie. I was cringing inside, but, he did WONDERFULLY too; didn't even bat an eyelash.
Lastly, we tackled Jazz. She was a little miffed when I put the deworming tube @ the corner of her mouth. She threw her head up and sat back on her haunches. I approached her again, with my hand this time, and rubbed her face, ears, neck, jawline, put my finger in her mouth, etc. Reintroduced the deworming tube and she jerked a bit. So, again, more touching, showing her the tube, yadda yadda. Then, put the tip in her mouth, squeeze, DONE! :-) I have to say, I was pretty impressed.
All in all, this morning went pretty darn well. All the horses were successfully and for the most part pretty easily dewormed. YES!
It's still hot and humid here. I was literally sweating just standing out there. My goal is to ride tomorrow. I'll keep y'all posted. ;-)
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad it went well! :)
deworming can be terrible. Mandros HATES it and knows whats going on before the second he sees the tube. He throws his head back and backs up.
Im glad it went smoothly for you this morning!
deworming is such fun ! Um not lol
Cowboy is great to deworm but my previous horse oh man you had to medicate us both ! LOL
Good for Artie!!! Don't you just love the days where they ruin your expectations...in a GOOD way?!
Post a Comment