Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I trotted!!!

I trotted Mandros today for 5 minutes and his leg looks good. He still isnt back 100% yet, but he is on his way. The wound still looks nasty but it looks like it isnt as deep and its closing up.

I hopped on Mandros' owner's other horse, Lucantos, and walked and trotted him for a couple mintues. This was my first time riding him, so I was pretty excited. His walk and trot are very elevated and I felt like I was jumping on a trampoline when I trotted him. He is a very different horse than Mandros. He is a big, bulky warmblood, and Mandros is a smaller (still 16.1hh), refined warmblood. I really enjoyed riding Lucantos, even if it was for a few minutes. Its been a long time since Ive been able to really ride, so it was great to be able to ride Lucantos.

4 comments:

ChristieNCritters said...

Glad to hear Mandros is still progressing well! I'm glad you got to ride Lucantos, too. Sounds fun!

DinkDunk said...

Ooh..Lucantos sounds lovely. I'm hoping to find a schoolmaster with lots of suspension to ride one day. I've never felt that.

Kate said...

I'm jealous...I want to ride the big giant pony. :)

But great job for Mandros!

Double A Training said...

YAY! I'm glad he is healing so well. Keep up the good work! It sounds like Lucantos was a BLAST to ride.