I spoke to Nines' previous trainer at length last night. She said he was out of work for 9 months due to a "simple" suspensory injury on his right front. She said when they brought him back into work they saw no issues at all.
To be worried or not...I don't know. I have a call in to my vet to get his opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well, a suspensory injury is what Pepsi has. I've never felt it affected his flatwork, but I'm also not jumping him because of it. (The vet said I COULD jump him some, but that it would only put more stress on an already injured tendon, so I decided not to risk it.)
Talk to your vet and see what he says!
Definitely talk to your vet.
Depending upon what your vet says, if you go for him and the pre-purchase exam and everything are OK maybe, it would be a way to get his price reduced some more...
Hmmm...definitely let us know what the vet says!
honestly, it seems like there are alot of fishy things going on. His sore feet and back, this injury you didnt know about before. If you decide on him, get a VERY detailed vet check.
They are pretty up front about everything...I don't feel like they are withholding any information or anything. I just seem to keep finding things out on my own.
I told the owner about the suspensory issues and why they worry me, so she knows the
situation. I think they really want me to buy him since its a good match...so we'll see how this translates to a reduction in price.
And Mary...$10,000...ha ha...no...for about that much I have found horses that have no clue about anything or sour lesson horses. Its amazing what the ability to jump or 16+ hands will cost ya!
Post a Comment